Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Top 10 favorite literary characters (part 1)

Since I talked about protagonist in my last two blogs, I decided to make a list of my personal favorite literary characters. I thought this list would be fun to make. But actually it took me several days to work out my top 10 characters because I already had so many characters that I liked. So I decided to include characters that are the most recent or most memorial to me. Also to add, is that this list isnt just the main character but also included other supporting characters. 
10 The first one the list is Jay Gatsby (or James Gatz) from the Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald. I actually did an entire blog talking about what a great character he was so I wont go to great details on him. But I would like to comment on the fact that this character deserved a better then what happened to him in the end. Because he was such a great men with a powerful will to be able to accomplish such an almost impossible dream but he almost did. 
9 This is the most recent characters that I came to love, Kylie Galen. I also did a blog about her book series Shadow Falls by C.C Hunter. So I also won't go into too much details. But I would say that I didn’t like her at first because I thought she was such a melodramatic brat. But now I'm so much further in the series I have seen how much she has grown and accepted the fact that she isn't human and having the courage to find more about herself and accepting of it. 
8 My number is actually a character that I was so in love with during my late elementary days up to middle school days, Vladimir Tod. In the series The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer, this main character is just your average emo kid who happens to be half human and half vampire who lives in the human society in secret. There is also the fact that his existence is completely illegal and almost completely impossible. I loved this character cause he was just really funny and kind of awkward and also he was a bit of a dork nothing like how vampires are usually portrayed these days. But then again his only a halfling. I was so obsessed with this series that when I finished one of the books I nearly cried when I found out the next one was coming the next year and I had to wait so long for it. Although I just found there is a companion series to this one that I will in the near future check it out. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment