Thursday, April 30, 2015

My Top 5 favorite Villians (part 1)

So since I did a blog about my top ten favorite characters it made me realize that maybe I should a list for my favorite villains. But instead of top ten villains list I will be doing a top 5 villains list because I have yet to encounter an evil antagonist or ones that are intriguing because my reading list is not that broad enough to include goon villains. So instead I will list those that stood out to me the most. But there might even more eviler antagonist but I didn’t put them down because they might have been to extreme for me describe. This list are only those villains that I like but not necessary the most evil ones that I have read so far. 
 
5 The first on this list is the White Witch from the chronicles of Narnia by C.S Lewis. This villain first appeared in the lion, witch and the wardrobe appearing at first a beautiful women in white who seemed kind and was in need of urgent help. But later we find out what a wicked witch she is. She is described to be dispassionate and cruel. She was also known as the one who killed Christmas in Narnia and banished happiness and hope from the lands and plummeted it into eternal winter. Not only that she often turns her enemies into stone. It’s no wonder she is the self-proclaimed queen of  ice for her heart is certainly made of it. 
4  This one is the primary antagonist of the Last Apprentice Series by Joseph Delaney. He is also one of the many portrayal of the devil but in this series they usually refer him to the Fiend. This version of the devil isn't my favorite for I'm more into the devil who is Lucifer and shows a more complex personality and showing either remorse or ingenuity. But this one is a sadistic trickster who delights in twisting peoples words and who longs to be free and takeover the world and throwing it into eternal conflict. But what stands out to me the most is the form he likes manifesting in is the description of what the people from the witch hunt days would have imagined. A humanoid figure with rams horns and goats feet and has thick fur that smells like wet cat. This difference him from the modern world of a handsome men who wears suits or a red skinned men with a pitchfork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment