Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Top 10 favorie literary characters (part 2)

7 At number seven is Grimalkin from The Last Apprentice series (or Wardstone Chronicles) by Joseph Delaney. The word grimalkin is an archaic word that means old or evil-looking female cat which is a perfect name for this malevolent witch assassin. In the book she was actually sent in to kill the main character until she allied with him to kill the Fiend  (the Devil). So now she is one of the "good guys" which is awesome because she is such a badass. She carries around a large pair of Scissors to cut off her enemies thumb bones, which is awesome. But she has never done that in the series instead she uses throwing knives and a long blade. But still that is just awesome still because I admire her for being such a strong female character because we don’t have many of those around that are like her. 
6 This one was one of my favorites during my middle school to early high school years, Alex Rider is a teenage British spy of the series Alex Rider by Anthony Horowitz. His spy career started when his uncle was assassinated by Russian spy Yassen Gregorovich and the M16 promoted him ever since. Ok what is cooler than a teenage spy I bet many of you fantasize about that at some point in your lives. Alex Rider is the best teenage spy ever, his pretty much the teenage James Bond. its pretty obvious why his one my top 10 list because what he is and does is awesome. 
5 Next is someone of the Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling and I'm very sure you know this one. But do you know who I like best off all in the series and it's not Harry Potter. Instead I actually like Professor Dumbledore. Although I did have a doubts about him during the 5th book because he was so standoffish to Harry then. But the reason why I like him is that he is incredibly brilliant but at the same time idiotic.  Because eve though he was such a powerful wizard in the later books who realize that he still makes mistakes and is flawed like the rest of us. Also I was so fascinated by his childhood and really want to know more in detail of how it was. Because he is such an interesting character and there should be more about him we should know. 
4  This character is a recurring character that almost never narrates his story or maybe that is the same for any brilliant detective character so we it would have a more dramatic effect when they uncover the criminal. The character I am talking about is Hercule Poirot (now how many of you thought it would be Sherlock Holmes). This character was created by Agatha Christie and is my favorite character from her creation. The reasons are unclear why but I like the fact he is so clever and knows that he is smart and never bows down to anybody and admit failure. He is also unconventional and you would never know what he is going to next in the story. All this is are the reasons why he is my favorite adult literary detective.  

No comments:

Post a Comment